Sunday, March 2, 2014

SEMIYA/VERMICELLI PAYASAM

One of my most favorite dessert. I always ask my mom to prepare this for me. I love the combination of Semiya and Milk, it tastes too good.I prepared this for the first time and came out very well same as how my mom prepares.

Here comes the recipe,




Ingredients:



Semiya/Vermicelli  1/2 - 1 Cup
Milk  2 Cups
Sugar 1/2 Cup (As per taste)
Water 1/2 Cup
Ghee 2 tsp
Almond 6 - 8 Nos (Coarsely Chopped) Optional
Cashew 8 - 10 Nos
Raisins 12 Nos
Elachi 1 / Pinch of Elachi Powder





Method:

1) Heat the pan, add ghee to it then fry cashew, almond and raisins till it turns golden brown color. Keep it aside.

2) In the same pan, fry vermicelli till some parts of it turns light brown. 



3) In another pan add 2 cups of milk, /2 cup of water and let it boil. Now add fried Vermicelli to the boiling milk and stir it constantly until the Vermicelli cooks well.



4) Once vermicelli is cooked well , add fried  cashew, almond and raisins. Finally add sugar as per your taste and mix well.

5) You can serve it hot, you can also preserve it in refrigerator and serve cold.




Note:
1) If you want you can add vanilla, rose or elachi  essence
2) You can also add Condensed milk to get a rich Payasam. Make sure to reduce the measurement of sugar since condensed milk already has sweet in it.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely..I love this comforting dish./Daphna

    ReplyDelete