Thursday, February 20, 2014

CRUNCHY CARROT FRY

Carrot is all time favorite vegetable for many of us. Few years ago when I was in Chennai, I went to Andhra mess along with my friends. There they served us a fry and it was very crunchy & tasty but we were not able identify which vegetable it was, So we inquired and got surprised to know that it was made using carrot.

I searched in many websites to know the recipe of this fry but I didn't find it. I tried to replicate it by myself, At first try it didn't come as expected :( and so tried it once again by adding few more ingredients & It came out very well :)

So, here comes the recipe,

                                  

Ingredients:

Grated Carrot         - 1 Cup 
Chilli Powder          - 1/2 tbsp (As per your taste)
Salt                         - 1/2 tbsp (As per your taste)
Coriander Powder  - 1/4 tbsp
Gram Flour             - 1 tbsp
Rice Flour               - 1 tbsp
Oil                          -  To Fry


Method:

1. Grate the carrot in little bigger size as shown in the below image




2. Mix Chilli powder, Salt, Coriander powder, Gram Flour and Rice Flour with grated Carrot.

3. Keep it aside for 5 to 10 minutes.



4. Heat the Oil in pan and deep fry the Carrot pieces

5. Filter it out once it turned to golden brown color and keep it on a tissue placed in bowl/plate











1 comment: