Monday, February 17, 2014

CHICKEN KUZHAMBU - MY MOM'S STYLE

Hi all,

This is my first post ever. I thought of starting with any sweet  recipe but I came up with my Mom's special as my first recipe. Please provide your valuable Comments and Feedback the dish.

I prepared Chicken Kuzhambu and Chicken Varuval as Sunday special . For past few weeks I was preparing Briyani or Fish curry for Sunday special. But this week suddenly I started to feel like eating chicken dishes which my mom use to prepare and got the memories of my school days where every weekend my mom prepares non-vegetarian dishes and I was eagerly waiting to taste that :) How many ever restaurants we go and have different dishes it cannot compete with our mom's preparation.

For breakfast itself I prepared Kuzhambu and it came out very well :). My husband was saying that the kuzhambu smell is very good and it is making him hungry and he started to peek his face inside the kitchen before the cooking is done.

So here comes the recipe of Chicken Kuzhambu



Chicken Kuzhambu
 


Ingredients
To Grind:

Cinnamon & Cloves  2 - 4 nos
Coriander Seeds  2 tblsp
Cumin Seeds  2 tblsp
Turmeric  1/4 tsp 
Small/ Large onion/Shallots  Small 10-15 nos or   Large 2 medium size. Finely chopped 
Black Pepper seeds  2 tblsp
Coconut  1/2 cup
Red Chills 5 Nos (based on your taste)
Oil  2 tsp 


For Kuzhambu



Oil  3 - 4 tsp
Brinji Leaf 1 no
Chicken 1/2 Kg
Chili Powder 1 tsp
Pepper powder 1/4 tsp
Salt As per your taste









                      



Method

1. In a Pan pour 2tbs of oil, add cumin seeds and wait until it splutters then add coriander seeds, pepper seeds then add red chills and saute them for a minute. Then add finely chopped onions and saute it for 2 to 3 minutes until the onions become translucent.Finally add turmeric powder.

2. Once the ingredients are cool, grind them in your mixture to a fine paste.


3. In a pan add 3 - 4 tsp of Refined oil and add brinji leaf. After 2 seconds put chicken pieces into the pan and saute it until the chicken pieces changes to white color. Now add the masala paste to the chicken. Add a cup of water. Add Chilli powder, Pepper powder and Salt as per your spicy requirements and Cook in medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes till the chicken cooks well.


4. Transfer it to a bowl and serve hot with Rice, Dosa or Idli :)
                                      

10 comments:

  1. Hi Karthi,... by seeing the recipe itself .. my mouth is watering.. keep going ..
    My Best Wishes for U :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!! All my wishes for your upcoming blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super karthi.. Wish to see many more..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to try this karthi...All the best for your upcoming posts !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's superr ka...I'll try nd share my feedback:))

    ReplyDelete